When did humans become “that?” e.g “He was the man that said those words.” Whatever happened to “who?” “He was the man who said those words.” Was it “whom” that ruined “who?”. Maybe it was “whom” who ruined it all. We’re not sure if it’s “who” or “whom” so we substitute “that.” Again, daughter Roseanna says: “Too bad, Mom, you’re never going to win that one.”
- I’m about to buy, own, read, and mark up these new books
- July 1: Dialog is the heart and soul of your novel or memoir.
- Toni talks about how to write a query letter for a novel
- Join Toni at the 805 Writers Conference in Thousand Oaks on Sunday, May 20
- So You Want To Become A Writer? Do You Have What It takes?