June 2, 9, 16, 23
1 pm Sundays in Thousand Oaks
Literary agent Toni Lopopolo will help you craft your personal narrative into a marketable book. Toni recently asked top New York editors what they look for in a memoir manuscript and what they are publishing. Using their hot button demands, Toni has created a new writing workshop to help focus and fine-tune your personal story.
A former executive editor at Macmillan and St. Martin’s Press, Toni knows what it takes to get a book published. Her highly successful “Tea with Toni” workshops are bringing area writers up to competitive speed in fiction and narrative nonfiction. Toni’s methods are strong yet constructive—meant to help you master the skills necessary to become a successful published author.
In the Memoir Workshop you’ll learn:
- how to create a distinctive voice
- fiction techniques that make memoir intriguing and engrossing
- the art of detachment
- the elements that give a story universal appeal
- how to orchestrate story, characters, events.
- how to narrow the lens to achieve focus for today’s readers.
- if your memoir should be fictionalized
- if your memoir measures up to what’s published today
- what to include or leave out
- how to edit for interest and drama
plus a reading list of classic memoirs and the best of new releases.
Workshop limited to six writers who must submit the first five pages of their first chapter before acceptance.
To learn more contact:
Toni Lopopolo, email@example.com
or call Toni at (215) 353-1151