We’re Looking for a few good writers who have the stamina and imagination to reach the level of published authors.
Get down and dirty with your writing:
- Your opening page (velocity vs. set up)
- Build up and strengthen the sagging middle
- Your character’s de!ning moment
- Refining point of view
- One-two combination for charged dialogue
- How to knock your darlings out of the ring
- How story wins ever round
- Trim your novel to fighting weight through self editing skills
- Learn how to avoid fatal story errors
- Learn how to think like a pro
- Mysteries of writer-editor relationship revealed
- Why temper tantrums always backfire
- How many revisions are enough?
- Why you MAY NOT BE as POLISHED as you think
- How to raise the quality of your writing to championship level
…and much more.
In your corner are two top professional editors and writing instructors with years of getting authors published — Shelly Lowenkopf and Toni Lopopolo. Learn from two of the best and shape up your novel.
DATES: May 3, 4, 5
PLACE: Santa Barbara, CA
Friday: 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Limited to ten writers
Two dynamic instructors: Toni Lopopolo is a former Executive Editor at Macmillan and St. Martin’s Press turned literary agent, who believes in cultivating new writers, assisting them in their growth and goals to become published authors; and, Shelly Lowenkopf, who has overseen 700 books to publication, who is a former Masters of Writing instructor at USC, and who boasts a thirty year career as an Executive Editor.
Acceptance based on submitted sample of writing.
For further information email Toni Lopopolo, firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Toni at (215) 353-1151