Shelly Lowenkopf and Toni Lopopolo
Are you trying to write 21st Century stories
with 19th and 20th Century conventions?
Writing conventions change, writing styles change, readers change. Editors in publishing houses who sign new writers change. Agents who represent new writers change.
GIVE US 14 CONCENTRATED HOURS OVER A TWO-DAY WEEKEND, MAY 2 AND 3, AND WE’LL GIVE YOU 21ST CENTURY WRITING STREET CREDS WITH WHAT AGENTS AND PUBLISHING EDITORS LOOK FOR RIGHT NOW.
Learn from two pros, Shelly Lowenkopf and Toni Lopopolo, armed with today’s experience, insider connections and their noteworthy all-important story insight.
INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION TO YOUR NOVEL
Both instructors will work one-on-one with each writer.
Personal attention you will not receive anywhere else.
Lowenkopf and Lopopolo stand ready to give away the store to 10 pre-approved, selected novelists who aren’t afraid to go after real publishing. Get with the 21st century in this wake-up session hosted by a one-two punch combo of agent/editor/writer. Review their extensive resumes.
Learn the conventions, genres, and ways to tell story for the 21st century.
In this weekend intensive, you’ll come away with:
1. A new understanding of how characters must tell their own stories
2. How and why characters reveal and betray things through action, only hinted at before through foreshadowing and inference
3. How 21st century characters speak
4. How the genre of your choice has grown–right under your 20th century nose.
5. What editors and agents expect from writers today
6. How to keep your stories from going stale and talky
7. How to find your own best way to work
8. How to make your work stand out from the submissions in publishers slush piles
9. How to think series novels
10. How and when to end stories
11. How and when to begin them
12. Why self-publishing is NOT a good idea until you know why
This weekend intensive will provide you with examples, suggestions, and the tools to take your career away from the past and into the now.
Limited to ten writers—$395.00 per person
May 2 & 3
Submit the first ten pages of your novel to:
What Students Say:
“The L and L team was just what the doctor ordered for me personally. I wrote this piece in four months with almost an obsessive zeal and spent the last year going over and over the material with a hired editor. I have had three people read it and each has paid me high compliments but none have any connection with the writing establishment. So, though it was pleasant to hear their words, I have been somewhat skeptical. You two have been the first people who have looked at it with experienced eyes and your perception has been invaluable. I was at a point of letting it all drift away and at the end of the session the woman next to me said she was excited about reading my story. I was thrilled.” – Michael J. Rogers
“I had a wonderful time at the XBC. Got a real kick out of Shelly. I could tell both of you bring a vast expanse of knowledge and experience to the table. Both of you work well together. It is always good to reinforce what I have learned, plus I learned much more. Took lots of notes. Quite motivational. I hope to attend more in the future.” – Antony